- Disney Plus Offers a Month of Subscription for $2 Disney Plus, with its rich content updates and enormous back catalog, seems the only serious rival for Netflix (sorry, Amazon and Apple). This year on Disney Plus Day (yes, it has its day, and it’s November 12) the streaming service has an offer you can’t refuse. If you have never been a subscriber or are returning after a long break, the first month of subscription will cost you just $2 (instead of the usual $8).
This isn’t the only act of generosity by Disney. Subscribers will be able to visit Disney parks thirty minutes before the official opening. They can enjoy...
- Nov 11, 2021
- Facebook and Instagram to Block Race and Political Ad Targeting What does the rebranding of Facebook mean in terms of advertising, the basis of its prosperity? Among the first changes, the company is to become more colorblind and politically neutral (and no wonder after the recent scandal). This will result in limiting the existing targeting options for advertisers.
From the moment the new policy is implemented, the advertisers will not be able to target their ads to groups defined by any sensitive matter. The list of sensitive matters includes race, ethnicity, religious and political views, sexual orientation, health issues, and more. It may be disappointing for some advertisers whose products and...
- Nov 13, 2021
- What’s so Worrying about NFT on Discord? The concept of NFT is ubiquitous these days. NFT, being unique and sellable, seem a good idea for making money and art… but is it always good? For example, Discord users have got seriously worried after a survey conducted by this service, obviously NFT-centered.
Will NFT appear on Discord? This is what Discord users are vividly discussing on various media (including Discord itself). If the media needed to justify its name, it’s a complete success. It’s all the result of the survey taken in August 2021, where, along with NFT-centered questions, cryptocurrencies were also mentioned.
Though Discord spokespersons say this survey was,...
- Nov 15, 2021
- WhatsApp vs iMessage: Which is More Secure and Private? Meta is a company that specializes in developing augmented reality products. For example, one of the company's famous products is the Meta headset, which is designed to allow users to interact with digital content in a more natural way.
While the ad is clearly designed to take advantage of the recent controversy surrounding Apple’s messaging system, it is also a reflection of the fact that Meta is positioning itself as a privacy-focused company.
This is not the first time that Meta has taken a shot at Apple. Before that, Mark Zuckerberg said that WhatsApp is "way more secure" than iMessage because it uses...
- Oct 17, 2022
- Twitter Locked Stock Accounts of Employees Ahead of Soon Deal Twitter has locked the stock accounts of its employees in anticipation of a deal, sources familiar with the matter said. The move comes as the social media company is in talks to sell itself to Elon Musk, the Bloomberg News sources said.
The stock account lockup is not unusual for companies undergoing a sale or merger said the sources, who asked not to be named because the matter is confidential. The account lockup prevents employees from selling their shares in the company during the negotiation process.
The move signals that a deal between Twitter and Tesla is close, the sources said. Twitter...
- Oct 20, 2022